If you or someone you know is in an unsafe situation, these domestic violence quotes can help you provide the kind of help and support you may need.
Every year, millions of people around the world are victims of domestic violence.
Let us know which domestic violence quote resonated with you in the comments section below.
What are the benefits of reading these domestic violence quotes?
Domestic violence can be one of the most difficult situations to talk about and leave.
And, unfortunately, it can happen to anyone: women, men, children, spouses and even friends.
These quotes about domestic violence:
- Remind them that no one is immune from domestic violence.
- Help recognize the signs and help someone else.
- Give yourself the courage to step out of your current situation.
When you or someone you know is in an unsafe situation, these domestic violence quotes can encourage you or the person to seek support and resources to get you or someone you know out.
If you are a domestic violence survivor, these quotes can help you remember your strength.
Also check out our collectionquotes about bad relationshipsabout moving forward.
Check out our most popular dating article, a list ofshort inspirational quotesfor daily inspiration.
check out ourCategory Inspirational quotesPage for more inspirational life quotes.
Domestic violence quotes about courage
1. "You always have the power to say that the story won't end like this." 🇧🇷Christine Maurer Molinero
You might also like our article onmadara quotes.
2. "And here you live in spite of everything."Rupi Kaur
3. “Pain demands no mercy; Please acknowledge me." -Jude Gibbs
4. "Trauma can happen to you, but it can never define you."Melinda Longtin
5. "Don't judge yourself by what others have done to you." 🇧🇷cody kennedy
6. "All violence is the illustration of a pathetic stereotype."-Barbara Krueger
7. "Our wounds are our sources of growth."Raquel Noemi Remen
8. "You survived abuse. You will survive recovery. —Olivia Benson
9. "The enemy has no chance if the victim decides to survive." 🇧🇷Rae Schmied
10. "Violence is a stark contrast to what many of us still believe in: love." 🇧🇷ludwig does
Domestic violence quotes how to survive
11. "You are not the darkness you endured. You are the light that refused to give up." 🇧🇷john green marker
12. "Violence does not equal violence." 🇧🇷becca fitzpatrick
13. "I have the power to change my physical and emotional experience."belonging dsouza
14. "You survived abuse, you will survive recovery." 🇧🇷Mariska Hargitay
15. "Lift your heart, not your hand." 🇧🇷Abhijit Naskar
16. "I'm not what happened to me, I'm what I want to be."Karl Jung
17. "Never let a man touch you without your permission." 🇧🇷Melda Beata
18. "All marriages are sacred, but not all are safe." 🇧🇷Robert Jackson
19. "Domestic violence is the front line of the war against women." 🇧🇷Perla Cleage
20. "The COVID-19 crisis has fueled the rise in domestic violence."Asa Don Brown
Domestic violence quotes about recovery
21. "Suspicion of abuse comes to mind before facing it."Auliq them
22. "In violence, we forget who we are."Maria McCarthy
23. "[Domestic violence is] a carefully set physical, financial and psychological trap." 🇧🇷Leslie Morgan Steiner
24. "Domestic violence and sexual assault go hand in hand." 🇧🇷georgia taylor
25. "Culture is no excuse for abuse." 🇧🇷David Kaur
26. "A survivor's story is always a reality check." 🇧🇷Jerald Monahan
27. "One day, I intend to love so much, my body will let go of all the demons that are mowing me down."Arati-Krieger
28. "There is life after abuse. That's mine."-Lindsay Fischer
29. "Use the darkness of your past to propel you towards a better future."donata jose
30. "Domestic violence can occur at any socioeconomic level."―Asa Don Brown
Domestic violence quotes about strength
31. “I was heartbroken, scared, very anxious, worried, weak and had no idea how to find strength. But I closed my eyes and jumped blindly. I knew I had to get out of there." ―Bob Casey Jr.
32. “Overcoming abuse doesn't happen by chance, you have to take positive steps every day. Let today be the day you start moving forward. 🇧🇷assunta harris
33. “You can recognize abuse survivors for their bravery. When silence is so tempting, they come out and share their truth to let others know they're not alone." ―Jeanne McElvaney
34. "Your growth doesn't come from working harder to get something you don't have, but from living in the reality of what you've already received."Nancy Guthrie
35. “Trauma creates a change you don't choose. Healing is about creating the change you choose.” 🇧🇷michelle rosenthall
36. “If you want to know where to find your contribution to the world, look at your wounds. When you learn to heal them, teach others." —Emily Maroutian
37. "Sometimes the shame isn't the beating or the rape. The shame is when you're asked to go to court." 🇧🇷Meena Kandasamy
38. "When it comes to abuse, you think there's no way out. There's always help. There's always a way out." 🇧🇷Reverend Donna Mulvey
39. “Violence never brings lasting peace. It doesn't solve social problems, it just creates new and more complicated ones. 🇧🇷Barack Obama
40. "If we are to fight discrimination and injustice against women, we must start at home, because if a woman cannot be safe in her own home, she cannot be expected to feel safe anywhere." 🇧🇷Aysha Taryam
41. "Survivors of abuse show us the strength of their personal spirit every time they smile." 🇧🇷Jeanne McElvaney
42. “Abuse is the weakest expression of violence. Destroying what should be protected, built and improved is weakness. 🇧🇷Manuel Kingsley Opuwari
43. "The best revenge is to create your own happiness despite someone else's desire to bring you down."Melinda Longtin
44. "The more we choose not to talk about domestic violence, the more we get away from it, the more we lose." 🇧🇷Russel Wilson
45. "Now I see how brave it is to own our history and love each other through the process." 🇧🇷Brene Brown
46. “Every time a woman defends herself, without possibly knowing it, without claiming it, she is defending all women.” 🇧🇷Maya Angelou
47. "We can all take responsibility for bringing about change and protecting our friends and colleagues from domestic violence." 🇧🇷Charles Clarke
48. “Strength doesn't come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming things you thought you couldn't." —Rikki Rogers
49. “Threatening a current or former partner is not passion, love or fear. It is violence, it is abuse and it is a crime.”Miya Yamanouchi
50. “Never believe a man's claim that he has to hurt his partner to protect her; only molesters think so.”—Lundy Bancroft
51. "A man's physical assault on his partner is abuse, even if it only happens once." 🇧🇷Lundy Bancroft
52. “I am against violence because when it seems to do good, the good is only temporary; the harm it does is permanent.”—Mahatma Gandhi
53. "Abuse, however manifested, destroys trust and can end up destroying the relationship." 🇧🇷DR. Ramona Probasco
54. "All violence consists in some people forcing others, under threat of suffering or death, to do what they don't want to do." 🇧🇷Leo Tolstoy
55. "Domestic violence is often excused when it comes to alcohol and other substances." 🇧🇷Asa Don Brown
Powerful quotes about domestic violence
56. "Any woman who thinks she is the only victim of violence needs to know that there is much more." 🇧🇷Salma Hayek
57. “Sexual assault and domestic violence are difficult to discuss. Talk about them anyway. 🇧🇷Mariska Hargitay
58. “From every wound there is a scar, and every scar tells a story. A story that says, "I survived." 🇧🇷Pater Craig Scott
59. “I now realize that I am a survivor. I'm a stronger woman because I opened my eyes and walked away from someone who didn't respect himself and never would." ―Lori
60. “Boys were always her reason to stay, but now, for the first time, they were her reason to go. He allowed violence to become a normal part of his life.” 🇧🇷Liane Moriarty
61. "I want to tell people that family violence happens to everyone, no matter how nice your house is, no matter how smart you are."Rosie Batty
62. “The effects of abuse are devastating and far-reaching. Domestic violence speaks many languages, comes in many colors and lives in many different communities." —Sandra Puppello
63. “Leaving an abusive partner is very difficult. You often feel like you are failing, or tearing your family apart, or not trying to work things out, or not giving your partner a second chance.” 🇧🇷Nelson Blaine
64. "Someone once asked me how I keep my head up after everything I've been through. I said it's because no matter what happens, I'm a survivor, not a victim." 🇧🇷patricia buckle
65. “Domestic violence is an epidemic, but we are not fighting it yet. Until it happens to celebrities." —Nelson Ellis
66. "The time when domestic violence is deadliest is when the person is trying to get out of the situation." 🇧🇷Julie Johnson
67. "Men play an important role in getting the message out that real men don't hurt or abuse their partners." 🇧🇷Ian Somerhalder
68. "Pregnant women are more likely to die from domestic violence homicide than from any other cause of death." 🇧🇷loose caps
More domestic violence quotes
69. "The best protection against rape, stalking and domestic violence is to raise men who understand that women are different and would never dare to take advantage of that difference." 🇧🇷wendy shalit
70. “Domestic violence is not perpetrated only by the husband or partner. This also includes families. In my opinion, the violation of basic human rights by anyone around us, parents, siblings or relatives, is domestic violence.”balroop singh
71. "One of the most fundamental things we can do is let the men in our lives know that it's not okay to abuse a woman." 🇧🇷Tim McGraw
72. "I don't know what kind of person you grew up with, but raising your hand to the powerless is not an act of manhood."sarvesh jainist
73. “It's not enough for women to talk about it; For the message to be strong and consistent, women's voices must be supported by men." 🇧🇷Juan Conyer
74. “Violence is violence and may not be misunderstood as discipline under any cultural or other circumstances.”—Aysha Taryam
75. “No woman need be the victim of physical abuse. Women need to feel that they are not alone.” 🇧🇷Salma Hayek
76. "We care for you. We'll keep fighting for you. And we'll keep working until all survivors are safe and given a chance to thrive." 🇧🇷Julio Castro
77. "We must replace victim blame and shame with community outrage over domestic violence, domestic violence and intimate partner violence."The Power of WE Workshops Survivor Statement
78. “It's not the bruises on the body that hurt. They are the wounds of the heart and the scars of the spirit. 🇧🇷Aisha Mirza
79. "Enough for anyone to justify sexual assault. Enough for those who turn a blind eye to the violence that so many women, children, and, yes, men are subjected to. Enough to condone toxic masculinity with euphemisms like "boys will be boys." Enough. Together we can and will end domestic violence."Julio Castro
80. "When women gather in visions, we can shake things up." 🇧🇷Caroline „Carrie“ Bettinger-López
Domestic violence quotes to stay away from toxic relationships
81. "I lived in Complexo do Alemão until I was 12 years old, I suffered domestic violence in childhood and I had difficulties in life."Maria das Gracas Silva Foster
82. “Women's Aid is a fantastic charity that has my full support. I am proud to consider myself a real man, a man who will fight domestic violence." —Neil Zorro
83. "They don't like the idea of someone making demands on the person they believe is entirely theirs."Jodi Picoult
84. "The general rule is that if someone can be verbally or physically abusive, he or she can understand that the behavior is wrong." 🇧🇷Edward Welch
85. "Domestic violence is not funny, especially when you live together." 🇧🇷Dov Davidoff
86. "Domestic violence was a way of life in my home growing up, my brother and I watched helplessly countless times as my mother was beaten unconscious while we called 911." 🇧🇷Troy Vincent
87. "A lot of people think domestic violence is when someone hits, kicks, or punches you." 🇧🇷Peter McGraw
88. "Boys should show women the respect they deserve and recognize sexual assault and do their part to stop it." 🇧🇷Barack Obama
89. "My mom and I are big advocates of domestic violence."marechal brandon
90. "For young people, it can be really scary to see your parents fight. Remember, you're not alone and there are people who can support you. —Neil Buchanan
Domestic violence quotes to end abuse and pain
91. "The most brutal form of domestic violence is violence against unborn children, and this particular law would prohibit abortion after the fetus has experienced pain, which lasts 20 weeks or more."Joseph Fisher
92. "Luke was a little boy in a growing body who felt pain, sadness and fear for his mother and always believed he would be safe with his father."Rosie Batty
93. "I have overcome neglect and deprivation, abandonment and abuse." 🇧🇷Tatum O'Neal
94. “Sadly, many children in the UK witness violence in the family home. Let's defend these children. Domestic violence has to end." —Shaun Wright-Phillips
95. "Those of us who have the eyes and ears of the media have a responsibility to amplify the voices of the voiceless."Peter Gabriel
96. "Many people are abused and suffer alone."pamela esteban
97. "Women initiate most domestic violence." 🇧🇷Dov Charney
98. "Hey ladies, I'm willing to do my part to end domestic violence by posting a selfie online. Some may call me a hero." 🇧🇷New Schulman
99. "I never want someone to sit where I sit and lose their child because I can never get Luke back."Rosie Batty
100. "There are many women in their teens and early 20s who experienced violence in a relationship or at home as a child." 🇧🇷miquita oliver
What do you do to prevent domestic violence?
If you've experienced domestic violence or know someone who has, these domestic violence quotes can help provide you with the kind of help and support you may need right now, even if what you're going through isn't with you, the words can be solved.
Asking for help is just one of the first steps to recovery.
This kind of situation is difficult to deal with, but you don't have to go through it alone.
Overcoming a domestic violence situation can push a person over the edge.
But if you are a victim, know that within you is the power to keep fighting to survive and lead a happy and safe life.
What is your biggest takeaway from thisQuotes and Sayings about Domestic Violence?
Do you have any other useful quotes to add?
Let us know in the comments section below.
Inspirational quotes Author, teacher and curator
November 30, 2022 5:00 pm EST
Click to see
April 5, 2022 at 4:39 pm
I am a victim of emotional abuse... I felt it as well as my husband
October 6, 2021 at 8:06 am
I agree, I really think it's important that everyone feels strong enough to walk away and seek help. You'd be surprised how willing a best friend and family member is to help and listen. And it's true that most bullies in an intimate relationship who are close to your family or friends will try to make their victims look bad to the family and close friends they have in common just to make their mark for what they are doing to you. . family members may already sense that something is wrong, but since you don't talk and they are trying to figure things out, they end up asking their boyfriend or girlfriend what's going on instead of asking you. And for the person being abused, it will show that they are probably looking at their family with fear and not even realizing it. The abuser does and will say whatever he wants to share with the family and will never tell you about the conversation he had with your family member. In fact, you would be lying and probably telling your family that you are depressed or have mental health issues and that they are really causing it. Please speak up and go to someone and don't be ashamed.
September 29, 2020 at 12:06 pm
Each of these quotes shows the strength we all have. Unfortunately, you are often judged by those who haven't experienced the horror while trying to survive. The common and ignorant question of why you were lucky one day will go away. A statistical fact that after leaving, the percentage of deaths more than doubles. Nobody would choose to be a victim, but we all choose to survive. I hope this coming awareness month will help people understand the power it takes to accept becoming a survivor without criticizing or putting the person down. For those who thought badly of me or made fun of me, you should know that firing or firing a victim falls under the same category of abuse. Congratulations to everyone who regained their power and identity. For those who want to go but feel that they cannot know, the beauty of living again is within you, trust. Our group stands for resilience, integrity and self-preservation.
Related Topics:most searched dating topicsquotes
- Inspirational Quotes Short Inspirational Quotes for the Day Nia Simone McLeod
- Inspirational quotes Quotes from famous people about life, love and success Norbert Juma, Senior Editor
- Inspirational quotes Inspirational quotes for kids about school, life and success Norbert Juma, Senior Editor
- Inspirational quotes Quotes about education and the power of learning Norbert Juma, Senior Editor
- Inspirational quotes Relationship quotes celebrating true love Dr. Nikki Martinez, Senior Contributor
- Inspirational Quotes Best Last Year Quotes for Undergraduate and Yearbook Norbert Juma, Editor-in-Chief
- Inspirational quotes Deep love quotes to better express deep feelings Dr. Nikki Martinez Senior Contributor
- Inspirational quotes, love quotes to make him feel like royalty Norbert Juma Senior Editor
- Inspirational Quotes Quotes About New Beginnings About New Beginnings Norbert Juma, Senior Editor
- Inspirational quotes Achievement quotes that motivate you to achieve massive success Norbert Juma, Senior Editor